School Summer Holidays: 9 Things We’re Secretly Dreading
31st December 2014
Spread the love
The school summer holidays are almost upon us. But instead of feeling completely jubilant at the thought of spending a mammoth six weeks with the little darlings, we’re just adding more wine to the shopping list.
Although we pine for our kids when we leave them in the playground every morning, there is something so daunting about being a parent during the school holidays.
The expectations, the stress, and the inevitable disappointment that they don’t get to spend six weeks at Disneyland.
Here are the things we are already bracing ourselves for.
1. Needing to plan an extensive list of cultural activities.
2. Spending a year’s wages on snacks to keep your ravenous children at bay.
3. Having to lock yourself in the toilet to scroll through Facebook in peace.
4. The house looking like a bomb site for the foreseeable future.
5. Talking to the Tesco deliver driver for longer than is socially acceptable just for adult conversation.
6 .Having to keep the children from stabbing each other with a storm trooper.
7. The summer TV schedule being dictated by a three-year-old tyrant who has a preference for Paw Patrol.
8. No childcare, ever.
9. Despite all that, you still know you’ll make memories and will secretly be disappointed when they go back to school.
Every trial lawyer knows that trials are won or lost based upon admissible evidence. Listing hundreds or even thousands of documents on a pre-trial exhibit list becomes meaningless during the actual course ...
As of May 25, 2018 the European Union (EU) will alter business requirements for companies that possess personal information pertaining to EU residents. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies to any ...
You have probably heard horror stories about people whose personal accounts were hacked or companies that suffered data breaches that exposed customer information. The personal and business repercussions of an account being ...